Cooking time: 20 mins
- A handful of Sow Foods protein
- 2 tablespoons unsalted vegan butter
- 5 g of ginger
- Sea salt
- 4 cups of water
- 3 cups shelled peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons each chopped tarragon, oregano, and parsley, plus more for garnish
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large, heavy pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Cut the ginger into small pieces.
- Add ginger and a few pinches of salt and sauté for 2 - 3 minutes until turning into light brown
- Add the water, bring it to a simmer, and cook another 10 minutes.
- Add the peas, herbs, and pepper and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- With an immersion blender, regular blender, or food processor, puree the soup until smooth. Stir the lemon juice to taste. Taste for salt and pepper and cover to keep warm.
- Serve each bowl of soup with a handful of Sowfoods protein, a generous sprinkle of parmesan, fresh tarragon, oregano, and parsley. If you like, you can stir fry the Sowfoods protein to crisp up before adding them into your soup.